Monday, March 26, 2007

Dream Language

Okay. What strange and difficult to decipher dreams I have been having lately... Some have been so bizarre that I think they actually bear posting here. . .

Last night, I dreamt a childhood sweetheart of mine had turned into a butterfly/moth, and he lived in a little paper pouch/box that had cellular service. . . This did not strike me as odd in the least. However, for some reason, this pouch/box fell into my possession, and we went out canoeing in open water. We ran into rough weather-- the box fell open--and as I was struggling to attach our canoe to a small yacht nearby, who could pull us safely to shore-- the moth/butterfly fell into the ocean... and I was quite upset, feeling I had caused my old friend to drown. But adreamvoice kept telling me that it was okay, that the type of butterfly he had chosen to be was immortal, in a sense, and that even if the butterfly form was injured, hurt or killed, the real person was unaffected-- he'd materialize somewhere on land, and just turn himself back into a butterfly (or was it a moth? This was never clear) like magick. Like magick. And this appeased me somewhat. Once safely back on land, I tried to find him to make sure he was safe, but couldn't get through on the phone. I told myself I'd just have to wait and see if I ever heard tell of him again. I wasn't sure why I'd been in possession of the butterfly version of him, in any event. . . .

Overall, the tone of the dream was one of puzzlement. I knew it was very bizarre to have a person become a butterfly and live in a tiny pouch/box, but I also understood it was something some people chose to do . . .

Oddddddd..... I'll definitely have to give this one some thought. I do remember learning that when we dream of childhood friends or old flames, it is symbolic of our own relationship to our former self. . . oooooh.....

Lots to think about here!!!

Until next time!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Jennifer H's Facebook profile