Friday, June 15, 2007

Personal Empowerment in the Age of Corporate Schmuckism....

... or Schmoeism. Or, just, kind of, bland adult-ishness.

Anyhow-- just a note to myself (hence the italicizing). . . this is something I want to explore, a little. Much to the dismay of my vestigial, internalized 19 year old self, I am not anti-business, or anti-corporation, but I do think that the corporation, or even the small business, as an entity, can be a simultaneously dangerous and enlightening place. . .kind of sublime, Shakespearian, double-edged, massive. . . in the development of an individual. Kind of a modern dragon, locus of many Herculean labours? Maybe? I'm still learning the ropes.

What I want to think about is a little bit trickier than left vs. right, old school vs. new, hippie vs. mainstreamer, zombie vs. self-actualized individual; in fact, its not anything vs. anything. . . Part of the trick is to straddle the whole numbing vs. ideology in the first place and. . .not just the whole "dualism is bad" routine. It is and it isn't . . .

I actually have some thoughts on this, but I'm too distracted by work to get to them now, so maybe on the weekend.

Soon, anyhow.

No comments:

Jennifer H's Facebook profile